HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
We support councils and other third sector organisations navigate the complex processes and mechanisms required to meet the challenge of integrating health and social care, and develop and deliver a system that will be fit for the future.
We work with the community-focused third sector ensuring they can play a full and sustainable part in delivering innovative and effective services to meet local needs. We help increase their commercial capabilities, evidence their value and grow their impact in order to attract new business and investment.
In 2018 – 19 we helped our clients achieve:
In 2018-19 we provided contract management, resource planning, project assurance, governance design, investment planning, asset utilisation and project evaluation across central and devolved governments, NHS bodies and local authorities. Most of this activity was funded through LGA grant.
Our activities included:
- recommendations for new governance and structures for health informatics to help enable innovative and effective ways of delivering future services
- business case review of a new delivery model for children’s services
- assurance of benefit realisation plans for a new extracare facility
- assessment of the current position and future potential of a council’s local “micro-market” for wellbeing, health and care
- collaborative delivery of the “Sizing the Prize” module with the LGA
- identification of opportunities to reallocate resources for mental health services across a local system
- identification of options for financing and delivering Sustainability and Transformation Partnership estate strategies as a step towards building a joint NHS and local authority investment prospectus
- identification of the key issues for, and impact of, a capital programme for housing and health
- review of the demand for temporary housing to enable better interaction between housing services and children’s services in order to meet statutory safeguarding
For more information about what we have helped our clients achieve, see our 2018-19 impact report.
Local Partnerships provided impartial, technical reviews and advice, ensuring confidence with staff and stakeholders. We would recommend Local Partnerships to other public and third sector organisations.
Elaine Poon, Major Projects Officer, West Lindsay District Council
For us it’s about finding ways to improve and things that could be done better. Local Partnerships provided a clear and effective delivery of the review, which provided valuable information to the council and allowed us to action processes that have made for a better project.
Andy Jackson, Senior Engineer, Asset and Major Programmes, Leicestershire County Council
Our Impact 2018-19To celebrate our tenth birthday we have launched our 2018-19 impact report, celebrating the successes we have achieved over the…
Our Impact 2017-18In 2018 we produced our first impact report and we made a commitment to produce one every year. Our impact…
Integrating health and social careJoining up the many factors that need to be considered and successfully managed between councils and their partners is highly…
Programme Director – Health & Social Care
Mobile: 07769 648 274
Telephone: 020 7187 7382
OTHER AREAS OF OUR WORK
COMMERCIALISATION AND REORGANISATION
Sign up to our newsletter
To find out more about how we can support you