The local government event of the year
WRITTEN BY Local Partnerships
POSTED ON 4th July 2016
Devolution has been at the top of the government’s agenda and in the forefront of councils’ thinking since the general election. Not surprisingly, it has been at the top of our agenda too.
We have worked with councils contemplating a Combined Authority or Devolution Deal and with those who already have a Deal in place.
- Help in defining the key themes and functions of a Combined Authority
- Detailed work on building capacity to deliver the Deal
- Specialist technical support in key functional areas e.g. housing and planning, economic development, regeneration and infrastructure
- A series of Assurance reviews to ensure the Deal will succeed.
- Work on different Unitary options as part of a possible Devolution Deal
- Service efficiency programmes on a City Region basis
Why have they used Local Partnerships and why should you consider us?
- With our co-owner the LGA, we understand the local political dimension
- With our co-owner the Treasury, we have access to the latest government thinking
- Specialist expertise in the areas that matter – housing and planning, economic development, regeneration, transportation, infrastructure and public sector reform
- Ability to provide additional capacity to help Combined Authorities deliver their side of the bargain
So, wherever you are on the journey – whether just starting out or working through the details of how operational delivery will need to change – we can help.
Our devolution specialist, Andrew Coleman, will be at all 3 days of the conference, please come and visit him on stand W1.
⬆️ Strategic Director Martin Forbes writes for the MJ about levelling up and how to negotiate the challenges ahead. Join members of our bid review team for a webinar on 13 December to look at these issues further. Register here: https://t.co/PTCAtzOiCM
Sign up to our newsletter
To find out more about how we can support you