Here you will find information on what cookies may be set when you visit Local Partnerships website and how to reject or delete those cookies.
- What is a cookie?
- What is the law?
- What is Local Partnership LLP doing?
- List of Local Partnerships’ cookies
- Third-party cookies
- Cookies set by third-party sites
- How to control and delete cookies.
What is a cookie?
An HTTP cookie (cookie) is a small parcel of text sent backwards and forwards between a web browser and a website. It is used in a number of ways and there are a number of different types.
- Session cookie – A session cookie only lasts for the time you are using the website and then gets deleted.
- Persistent cookie – A persistent cookie lasts longer than a session cookie and is used to remember things about your access like your user name and password.
- Third-party cookie – These are cookies set by other services. In our case this is limited to Google Analytics and Twitter. These are used to compile statistics about usage and provide shortened URLs respectively.
First-party cookies (those set by the site you are on) are used to distinguish between different users, or determine the relationship between the pages you visit. They differentiate one user from another and provide continuity. Normally they collect data about your browser, along with the information you request and send. Cookies in themselves do not identify individuals, but are defined by a combination of a computer, a user account, and a browser.
What is the law?
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) relating to cookies says you should know what cookies are used, why and explicitly accept them as they can track information about your browsing. The regulations are designed to protect you from this by ensuring that you explicitly consent to the action of any cookies used.
What is Local Partnerships doing?
List of the Local Partnerships website cookies
This is a list of the main cookies set by Local Partnerships’ website, and what they are used for.
|PHPSESSID||This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables.|
|__cfduid||Cloudfare cookie used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.|
|_ga||Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users|
|_gat||Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users|
|_gid||Google Analytics cookie used to throttle request rate|
Cookies set by third-party sites
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube to provide additional useful content such as instructional video clips. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from these sites you may be presented with cookies from them.
We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about them.
How to control and delete cookies
If you have any questions or issues please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Local Partnerships LLP, 18 Smith Square, London SW1P 3HZ