WRITTEN BY Local Partnerships
POSTED ON 13th December 2016
Housing Zones are areas of brownfield land where councils work in partnership with private developers to deliver thousands of new homes.
The six new zones announced will help deliver almost 10,000 new homes on brownfield land and all can access the capacity funding to help unlock their full potential.
Ministers have also announced their intention to invite local authorities to submit proposals for new areas to be designated as Housing Zones.
The six new Housing Zones are:
- Sheffield Housing Zone, South Yorkshire
- North East Lincolnshire Urban Housing Zone, with sites in Grimsby and Cleethorpes
- Hoyland-Wombwell Strategic Housing Zone, Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Sandwell Housing Zone, Sandwell, West Midlands
- Pennine-Lancashire Housing Zone, with sites in Blackburn and Burnley
- Wirral Waters Housing Zone, Merseyside
There are now more than 26 Housing Zones across the country that will help deliver 44,000 homes, with an additional 31 designated within London.
Local Partnerships supported three of the newly announced zones with the submission of their revised, and now successful, bids: Sheffield, Sandwell and Wirral. We continue to work with these councils on housing delivery.
If you would like more information on how we can help you with your housing proposal please contact Judith.firstname.lastname@example.org